35% Drop in Salary last year - what will she do?

She has another drop on the way - I bet a few bob on Leeds Utd to be relegated this season @ a nice price and I'm about to "cash out" with a handsome profit well before the end of the season; now I hope Leeds stay up and I'll do the same in August 2022. My Cheltenham expenses and more are paid by the bet. Pity about my other bets though.

I am not surprised about the huge profits of Betting Shops. I've kept account of nearly all my horse racing betting (even the tiny ones) since the mid 1970's and to be honest I ended up ahead in only two years since, one being last year and mainly due to Rachel Blackmore. I know little about X-Channel Football, but I've managed to show a profit for each year. But, bottom line is overall I've been running at a loss. Fortunately, I use betting only for fun.

But, odds on X-Channel Football Draws have decreased much over the years. Bookies seem to spend a fortune now on advertising and upgrading their shops with bling, colour, free goddawful coffee, comfortable furniture, longer opening hours, heating, "Daily Specials," paper sheets of football matches, etc. The mug customer is pretty well superglued to the inside once he/she has entered. Back in the 70's it was a cold concrete floor and a grouch of a betting clerk greeted you.

At least back in the day you might have had some background knowledge on what you were betting on. Nowadays I could be betting online with a couple of clicks on the Azerbajan u20 basketball championship or something like that.

Back