3 day week to redundant

kerrymum

I returned to work from Maternity Leave on 4th Jan, and was put on a three day week and at the end of the month was made redundant. Went to the social welfare office on the 4th Jan to sign on for JB Allowance.

I was made redundant at the end of the month and went to Social Welfare office to notify them of the change and gave them a letter from my employer saying I was made redundant. At this point I still had not received my JB Allowance, asked the lady at the office would I be waiting much longer she said my application was waiting to be processed but shouldnt be much longer.

I went back to the social welfare office last week and they told me that my application was being fast tracked and I should have it in todays post but unfortunatley I still have not received it.

Any suggestions on what I should do, savings are starting to dry up really quick, being going for alot of interviews but no luck so far....... Husbands salary gone by the time it gets in

While you are waiting, you can go to the Community Welfare Officer at your local health board. They can give you a supplementary payment until your claim comes through.

Back