2019 Pension AVC

xwing2018

Hi everyone,

I recently left a public sector role and began a new job in Dec 2019. Private pensions are new to me, I understand I can make an AVC up to to 20% of salary per annum (I am in my 30s) and plan to do so for 2020 however is it possible to do this for 2019 given that I earned one months salary in that calendar year?

Would the AVC I can make be in respect of the monthly salary I received for Dec (which was my total private sector 2019 earning) or can I make an AVC up to 20% of my annual gross salary?

Hope this question makes sense and Thanks in advance for your help.

Are you a member of an Occupational Pension Scheme or PRSA arrangement in your new employment?

If so, when did contributions start? December 2019?

If you only have salary for dec 2019, my understanding is you can make an avc in respect of 2019 up to a max of 20% of your 2019 salary ie your dec salary

Are you a member of an Occupational Pension Scheme or PRSA arrangement in your new employment?

If so, when did contributions start? December 2019?

Occupational Pension Scheme with first contributions in December. Salary Jan - Nov was public sector.

If you only have salary for dec 2019, my understanding is you can make an avc in respect of 2019 up to a max of 20% of your 2019 salary ie your dec salary

That makes sense, will do it anyway even if its not a massive contribution.

Back