20 cent transaction fee for contactless payments?

this is the statement of fees from my AIB current account (I pay my mortgage from the account so they're waived but I hadn't realised they were back to charging for contactless payments).

So which line represents Google Pay? "Debit Card Purchases"? I certainly didn't use Chip'n'PIN 103 times last year, more like 3 times probably. But I mostly use N26 and Revolut on GPay, my current account is mostly just wages in, bills out so I be surprised if it's 103 transactions there either. On the eStatements they're just all marked as VDP, no indication as to which are contactless, which are C&P and which are GPay.

1682688926997.png

this is the statement of fees from my AIB current account (I pay my mortgage from the account so they're waived but I hadn't realised they were back to charging for contactless payments).

So which line represents Google Pay? "Debit Card Purchases"? I certainly didn't use Chip'n'PIN 103 times last year, more like 3 times probably. But I mostly use N26 and Revolut on GPay, my current account is mostly just wages in, bills out so I be surprised if it's 103 transactions there either.
Why don't you query your statement with AIB?

Why don't you query your statement with AIB?

because as mentioned in my post, I have free fees so I don't really care, but I was curious as to which line represented the GPay transactions which are the topic of this discussion.

As mentioned, contactless is free, but in order to use GPay, AIB need to credit your GPay e-wallet and that is chargeable.
Your statement of fees with a mortgage most likely means that AIB takes a charge and in a few days reverts back. Check you bank statement for same amount being taken and then returned.

Back