Laya 1A 44 Laya Essential Plus no-excess renew 01/01/14

STEINER

Hi,

I am thinking of changing within Laya from Essential Plus no-excess to Company Care Plus reducing from €1,678 to €1,201 per annum. I think I can change now rather than wait til year end.

I am just unsure of the impact of the differences in the Out-patient radiology consultants and tests fees. At the moment I am covered for these subject to an out-patients excess of €220, and this would change to 50% of these costs. I should say that I have never incurred any costs in relation to these charges and would be unlikely to ever have lung issues as a lifelong non-smoker, which is a major radiology use.

Anybody have any advice re this? Snowyb?

[broken link removed]

Hi Steiner,

Yes, you can switch to another Laya plan mid year with no penalties imposed.
Company Care Plus plan would be an ideal alternative to your current plan. Apart from the savings per month, you would gain hugely from the excellent outpatient cover on this plan. The hospital cover is identical with lower hi-tech shortfalls also.

Regarding your concerns about outpatient radiology, the only impact on you would be a positive one. With your current plan, your x-ray costs would have to be higher than 220pa before you are in a refund position.
With Company Care Plus, you are in a refund position even with just 1 x-ray,
this is because of the 1euro outpatient excess.

MRI scans, PET + CT scans are also fully covered on this plan, in direct payment centres with Laya.

Hope this clarifies things + eases some of your concerns.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks for the clarification Snowyb. I just wanted to be 100% sure before I change plans. I've had the same plan since 2001 when it was only about €40 a month, so its time for a change now. Separately my wife is due for renewal on 1st Oct, but I will post a new thread Wednesday re her options.

Thanks for the clarification Snowyb. I just wanted to be 100% sure before I change plans. I've had the same plan since 2001 when it was only about €40 a month, so its time for a change now. Separately my wife is due for renewal on 1st Oct, but I will post a new thread Wednesday re her options.

I rang Laya today and changed plans effective 1st September 2013. That has saved me over €400 over a year and I am well pleased with the new scheme. It was very easy over the phone too just to change it. Thanks again.

Back