18K Savings?

leesider29

Have 18k (I know small change compared to some people on here). Where would be the best place to put it.

Was thinking of putting 2k in another current acc in case I need it quickly. Was thinking of putting another 3k in the credit union, have never had a credit union acc and it might come in handy for a loan further down the line.

The other 13k is what I am unsure of, it is small amount but where could I get the best deal, would probably put in 300 a month into wherever I put it as well.

These are prob very straight forward questions but I am just after getting my finances in order and want to keep it that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The other 13k is what I am unsure of, it is small amount but where could I get the best deal,

If you need instant access to the money then the best rate is with Anglo Irish at 4.75%. See the best buy thread here .

If you don't need instant access then the best rate for a one year term deposit is 4.90% with Anglo Irish. The best buy fixed term deposit thread is here.

Was thinking of putting another 3k in the credit union

You are likely to get a very low return if you choose the Credit Union.

thanks for the reply fungus.

Was thinking of Anglo's regular annaul saver account, I presume I am right in saying that this is not a deposit acc and therefore it is not guaranteed by the government or would it be guaranteed by the government anyway because it has been nationalised?

thanks

thanks for the reply fungus.

Was thinking of Anglo's regular annaul saver account, I presume I am right in saying that this is not a deposit acc and therefore it is not guaranteed by the government or would it be guaranteed by the government anyway because it has been nationalised?

thanks
No, all regular saver accounts are deposit accounts so they are covered. Not sure why you would think they werent...and nationalisation doesnt affect inclusion in government guarantee scheme, so you're covered in that way also. However, the 7.3% will hardly last given BoI's move now

No, all regular saver accounts are deposit accounts so they are covered. Not sure why you would think they werent...and nationalisation doesnt affect inclusion in government guarantee scheme, so you're covered in that way also. However, the 7.3% will hardly last given BoI's move now

It still seems to be the best around so might as well go with it.

Back