15 year old foreign boy in Dublin for 2 months- ideas how to keep occupied!

Marconi2012

We have a friend's son coming to visit from Poland for 2 months- any ideas how we could keep him occupied- he will go for holidays with us in August0- but that's a bit away! He has basic English and very athletic etc

Any thougts or suggestions- ideally we would like him to meet some friends he could meet etc

I assume that you are looking for "free" activities rather than spending money? If not have a look at under Things to do in Dublin. Museums, VikingSplash, Guinness Tour, Clara Lara, Botanic Gardens, Phoenix Park, Zoo, Powerscourt Gardens, Brittas Bay, Sea Thrill Dunlaoghaire, Pine Forest Art Centre, Trip on DART, Anamoe Trout Farm, Glendalough, Dracula Experience Marino.....

thanks for ideas- hadn't thought of some of those

also interested in paid activities- some sunmmer camp/ english course (but seems wud be mainly spanish students in class,,,)

anything that could be consistent and

also paid/ voluntary work if someone has idea

All the sporting organisations offer sports camps if he has any interest in sport.

Find some 15-year-old girls and introduce him.

Don't bother. My experience of teenage nephews and nieces visiting is that they have an innate ability to find teenagers of the opposite sex within 5 to 10 minutes of arrival on irish soil. It's uncanny. You then spend the rest of the visit trying to keep them apart/supervised.;)

update

Thanks for messages- however, as Polish is his native language and he a small bit shy as a result- how do we break the ice. we don't have any colleagues/ neighbours with children same age- I agree it will work itself out0 but how to break the ice!

Thanks for messages- however, as Polish is his native language and he a small bit shy as a result- how do we break the ice. we don't have any colleagues/ neighbours with children same age- I agree it will work itself out0 but how to break the ice!

Is this whole thing a good idea? Would he not be better off going to stay with a family who have teenage boys themselves? Two months is a long time to have a teenager to stay, particularly when you don't know any young people his age to introduce him to. It sounds like he could end up very lonely and homesick.
Sorry to be negative, but that's how the whole thing strikes me.

Update

Yes agreed- but at home his mother works and so he would be left alone to do as he pleases- father died last year. He has 2 brothers and they are both here...

If his brothers are here maybe they'd take him under their wing and introduce him to some other teenagers or activities he'd be interested in.

Newgrange

Brought my son's Australian visitor to Newgrange last summer. While the guide was explaining that we still aren't absolutely sure why it was built he piped up "it's was to get out of the frigging rain mate!"

Back