123.ie no contact before lapse of house insurance

phester

I was laughing at a friend of mine at work who was told that eagle star would not continue his insurance directly. 123 have a new underwriter st travellers for house insurance.

He was told they had sent out a letter to him. He has 5 properties with them and he received no notification to any of them.

So I decided to check my insurance and found I had lapsed in April. Again I was told they sent out a letter. And that St Travelers were not insuring any property in Cork.

I am just lucky I found out before something happened in my house

i was insured with 123 last year, my policy was up for renewal on 23/5/09. i recieved a renewal quote from 123/travellers but went with allianz instead as i got the same cover €60 cheaper

I was with 123 for house insurance last year also and they did notify me that my insurance was up a month or so beforehand and they send me out a quote for this year.

I was also with 123, they wer enice enough to contact me regarding my insurance being up and when I inforned them I was going elsewhere they automatically renewed my policy and sent me an e-mail to confimr the direct debit.
Clearly they're now overcompensating!!

ad

Am form cork also and my new quote from 123.ie was from travellers. Who gave you the info that travellers do not insure in cork?

Customer service gave me this info. I would have gone through the site for a quote again. Except I would not want a refusal to quote listed against my address if it were to be the case.

My office college also had a property and was not informed about there non renewal. I even rang back to make sure I was not been fobbed off and I was told the same story.

Back