1 week in the Sun

Nell

Hi, looking for advise for a nice resort, to spend a quiet week relaxing in the sun. Trying to avoid the usual "strip" of pubs and clubs, was in Croatia last year, loved it, thinking of similar. Recommendations for countries and the name of a resort would be great. Ta

Vilamoura in the Algarve is a fab spot. Very upmarket and not too mad at night. Everything is based around a marina which is lovely to stroll along day or night. Aer Lingus fly to Faro which is only 15mins away by taxi.

Lido di Jesolo in northern Italy is lovely. Its part of the Venetian riviera - its about an hour by boat to Venice and it makes for a lovely day trip. The beach is beautiful and the resort itself is full of great restaurants (as you'd expect in Italy) and is very laid back and relaxing. I would definitely recommend it! Falcon holidays do packages there, so check their website for more info and pics.

Caleta in Fuerteventura is as quiet as a mouse. absolutely no pressure to do anything at all but south and north of island easy to explore too.

We were in Madiera in February it was really nice. We stayed in Funchal. No beach , Scenery beautiful . Its not a place for lively nightlife.

Uk Sunday independent ran an article last week about the Languedoc in the Sth of France which is where we go and I can wholeheartedly recommend have a read of their write up on
[broken link removed] if you are interested in finding out more feel free to pm me

HI, sorry, it's not a reply, but was just wondering where in croatia you went, we're thinking of going there for a week, thanks

Nell, if you liked Croatia then you should pay a visit to Slovenia. There are nice resorts and also a lot of sights nearby.

Clare72, if you fly into Split you can wander along and find a place that suits, going directly with a package to a resort you're limited and the other way you get a nice taste. Hire a car and move north to the less populated spots, or less expensive, it'll save you cash and also you could end up in somewhere like zaboric where you can have a beach all to yourself! (We taught our little one to swim there last year, so clean and safe)

thanks for the replies guys. will check them out.
Clare - I went to a village called Cavtat about 30 mins outside Dubrovnick.
It was beautiful, with a harbour with yachts etc and some nice little
cafes. You could get the local bus to Dubrovnik for sight seeing. Lots of Day trips out to the islands which was a highlight. A week would be enough I think.

i was in cavtat too, its beautiful, they had water polo in the harbour there one night, id recomend it

Back