1 of party cant travel - do Aer Lingus need to know?

TreeTiger

A relative booked flights departing this weekend for a group of friends - Z class - but one has been injured and can't go. Will it be a problem if one less person checks in on the booking reference or should Aer Lingus be told in advance?

Thanks for any info.

There is no need to do anything in advance. Each flight is a separate booking. They only share a reference number because they were bought together - but each passenger checks in separately and is free to just not show.

As a related - but possibly seperate note. Last year there were 3 of us flying on the same booking to Berlin with Aer Lingus. We were checking in baggage and had checked in online the night before. Unfortunalty i was running late and was getting frantic calls from the others in the airport from the others that if I didnt arrive they couldnt fly as we had checked in online together and they pooled the baggage.

It was a mad dash from the airport bus to the standby desk to see some angry faces on my friends - thank God I made it!

So while the booking may be made together - check in online seprately if you are coming from different locations to the airport.

Back