1 missed payment

Slanebuddy

Hi
I was supposed to make a minimum payment of €5 on my Tesco Credit card by 25th May but totally forgot.
I rang today (they don't have internet banking have to ring them). They said I was late and that my card was blocked. yikes. I'm worried that this will go on on my ICB report? Please say it won't! I paid the full balance outstanding today of €180. Any advice would really be appreciated. I'm worried sick as we have a mortgage application in with a Bank. Thanks

From the e180 paid balance it looks like card held for (might need it ) payments.
Given the balance etc ,if your finances suit bank ,should be no issue.
Suggest get payments like this on DD if possible .

Let Bank know what happened.
In circa 2 months, ( by 2 mths this 180 will have had time to be logged on ICB) do an Irish Credit Bureau (ICB) on you both ,just in case you have anything that looks amiss.

Thanks Gerry. So you advise I be upfront with the bank from the start rather than waiting & worrying? I was going to email my contact in the bank on Monday anyway to seek an update on our application as it's a bit slow so i'll add a short paragraph explaining what happened.

Thanks

I don't know if I would bother mentioning it, if you application is already submitted then chances are your ICB check is already done. It's going to take it weeks for the card thing to hit if it is at all, certainly with loans there is leeway of a few weeks to allow payment made like direct debits that are automatically represented two weeks after due date.

Thanks for a different opinion to think about. Do you know if they (the bank) do just one ICB check? At the start of the process & that's it?
As Gerry suggests I'll get our ICB reports in a couple of months to have a look. Typical this has happened at such a crucial stage for us...took our eye off the ball for a minute

Normally the ICB would be done before progressing the application at all, one of the first things to be done. Certainly in my time banking we never did a second one but things may have changed, one of the presently employed bankers might know the answer. If it did surface at a later stage it ties in with the timing of making your application/buying your house etc and all the associated stress and hassle, easy to forget a small cc bill :) or that would be my explanation anyway.

thank you! I feel much less panicked now than I did last night after reading the comments here. I'm definitely going to set up a DD arrangement straightaway to avoid this happening in future as sometimes life gets in the way of these kind of things.
Would be interested in hearing opinion from current bankers if any out there?
I think I might just sit tight, check ICB in couple of months and explain what happened if it comes up

Back