0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Bgirl

have had a search around tonight for a list of whats available. My aunt has got herself in a spot of bother with credit card debt and is coming towards the end of her 0% free term with Tesco - who can she hop to now for the same deal. Thanks.

MBNA for 0% on balance transfers! Very fast and processing the application too!

Check out other alternatives to MBNA in the Best Buys forum.

Whether anyone else will be willing to give her another 0% balance transfer after only 6 months is another matter.

Ulster Bank for 9 months at 0% but incredibly slow due to applications being processed in the UK.

pvtighe said:
Ulster Bank for 9 months at 0% but incredibly slow due to applications being processed in the UK.

Fully agree with this. I switched to UB Zink, which advertises 0% for 9 months.

However, when eventually they actually opened the account for me, about 6-7 weeks after application, having sent them full details of old CC company and amount to be transferred, they managed to nake a complete mess, opened an account with 5K limit, and did'nt facilitate the transfer to my old CC because of so-called problem with scanning my original application.

When i contacted their so-called customer service number, i was eventually connected to a call-centre in Manchester, where the poor guy hadn't even heard of a "Euro Transfer", couldn't understand that Ireland was a completely seperate monetary entity. Eventually, his Manager was able to sort out the Transfer.

But I was already into the second month of my 9 month period.

I initiated a complaint, citing all the above, via their PO Box complaint centre in Ireland.

Thankfully, they have recognized that their "customer service" left a lot to be desired in my case, etc. etc. Profuse apologies, plus an extension of the free period by a further month, giving me back what i had lost due to their incompetance.

However, as soon as the 9 months are up, I will be moving, as I don't like the service, and the fact that it is incredibly difficult to pay on-line.

FYI and FWIW-the integration of UB into RBS has pretty much been at the expense of customer service, and when this is sorted out, they will be looking to improve CS.

I don't work for UB.

Isn't the Royal bank of Scotland has the best rate for 6 months free balance transfer and only 9.5% APR etc...???????
For those who doesn't earn enough to qualify gold or whatever card!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE CAREFULL with UB. New T&C's that state they charge interest on new purchases if onld balance is not cleared in full.

thanks for that. Badgambler she only wants an account - the card gets torn in half on arrival. I see to that. Will go to UB tomorrow -

Ulster Bank 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards

BE CAREFULL with UB. New T&C's that state they charge interest on new purchases if onld balance is not cleared in full.

Is this on the T&C that comes on the Revised Conditions of Use?
Transferred balance as awaiting SSIA and didn't want to cash it in. Wondering if I purchase something else on the card will I pay interest or not?

I know of someone did this at the beginning of the year and says they didn't pay any interest on purchases even when they haven't cleared the balance.

Re: Ulster Bank 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards

aib will do a 0% transfer I believe

I applied for the UB card last year. I was out of the country a lot so it was a bit stop start but basically they took 12 months to process, lost the original application and twice told me that my bank statements were too old and to resubmit a different one - e.g. I was submitting a January - March statement in early April, they were processing in late May early June. I was posting to an Irish PO Box but it took an additional few weeks to forward the documentation to some processing centre in England and another month to reply to me.

I finally withdrew my application as I wanted to switch from Amex whilst travelling as Visa or Mastercard is more widely accepted in some countries and now I'm back.

I am just glad they don't run the passport office or I would never have gone anywhere. My first and last encounter with UB.

It is the Bank of Scotland Plastic card that does 6 months interest free on balance transfer and purchases not the ROYAL Bank of Scotland. I have a PLASTIC card but my 6 months are just up and have just applied to Ulster. Looks like I will have a while to wait and who knows if I will be successful ??

Hi,

The Royal Bank of Scotland and Bank of Scotland are two different gruops. RBOS is part of Ulster Bank & First Active.

MBNA simply do not do 0% credit card transfers and I would not recommend them
And Ulster bank are as slow as a tortoise in everything they do.

Back