€200 property tax to be paid by Sept, anyone got link for more info?

remey

Hi,

Heard the tail end of this on the news this morning that this has come into effect today?
Can anyone give me a link to where I can get info on how it is to be paid? i've checked revenue (briefly) and cant see up to date info. I've heard it has to be paid by Sept or there are monthly fines thereafter.

Am I right in saying this is only for second and subsequent properties? Not PPR?

I see this charge is per residence, does that mean if say one house is divided into two flats you have to pay twice?

Just paid mine for two properties...does anyone know if this can be claimed back when you do your tax returns or some of it at least.

Will people with a second property be notified by revenue/councils that this tax needs to be paid?

I went on to their website to pay it just now.

Their website is muck. First when i put in my home address it automatically changes the townland name to something else.

Then when i add properties its adding a late payment fee of €20 to each one already.

Its only bloody August.

I cant pay this today without getting ripped off for a late payment fee that i dont owe.

Can we do nothing right in this country.

Back