Those with deposits in Raisin, Lightyear - anything to report, issues, all good, etc?

Has anyone else had a message from Raisin to say Wise is not acceptable as a nominated withdrawal account? It was acceptable when I opened the Raisin account, and when I withdrew funds earlier this year, so I'm just checking it's not a scam before I fill out the change form.
If it's correct that Raisin will now only accept .ie banks as nominated accounts this will affect a lot of us!

I was already unhappy about Raisin's shambolic admin requirements and procedures but did place one deposit through them. Which I regret now.

I'm also really unhappy about funding and receiving larger amounts via AIB, so won't be continuing with Raisin after this deposit matures. I just hope there won't be any difficulty then!

So am I alone in being told by Raisin that I have a 2 week deadline to change my Belgian based Wise current reference account for transfers to a .ie bank?
It's hard when dealing with online banks to know what is genuine. And Raisin is very poor at replying to my queries.

TFBank via Raisen looks like the best option but looked at Deposit best buys which has listed other rates via Raisen that are not listed on the Raisen officialsite just FYI..

Last edited by a moderator:
TFBank via Raisen looks like the best option but looked at Deposit best buys which has listed other rates via Raisen that are not listed on the Raisen officialsite just FYI..

Wait, what site? This sounds a bit like a scam website - if its not on Raisin Ireland´s official website as an offer, than its not an real offer through Raisin, no?

Wait, what site? This sounds a bit like a scam website - if its not on Raisin Ireland´s official website as an offer, than its not an real offer through Raisin, no?
The same 'scam' website you've just posted on

It might be that the rates have changed since the post was last updated on the 10th.

The same 'scam' website you've just posted on

It might be that the rates have changed since the post was last updated on the 10th.
no need to be short bud, I was just merely trying to look out for the person as I thought they were referring to another website

Last edited:
If you spot any inaccuracies on any of the best-buy threads (i.e. out of date rates or rates on the thread that don't match those on the source e.g. raisin.ie) then PM the details to user @Lightning who does a great job maintaining the threads. In my experience he is happy to receive such notifications and applies the corrections promptly.

Hi guys, which TFBank rate do you think is incorrect? The TFBank rates seem to tie back to the Raisin website as far as I can see.

Back