Is it only AIB that have the 10k daily transfer limit?

Blackrock1

Its become a pain for deposits, do any of the other irish banks have this issue? might open another account (or just use N26 for receiving large amounts if i need to move it around)

Its become a pain for deposits, do any of the other irish banks have this issue? might open another account (or just use N26 for receiving large amounts if i need to move it around)
I guess you mean the online transfer limit? I think you can transfer unlimited amounts in a branch. EBS online daily limit is €5k. All the limits are there to protect you (or the bank maybe? :) ). It's convenient to be able to transfer large volumes in one go online but it also exposes you to much greater risk. If I'm transferring big amounts, I do several separate transfers over multiple days. I'd be really wary of enabling Bunq, etc. to allow me to transfer large amounts - it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I guess you mean the online transfer limit? I think you can transfer unlimited amounts in a branch. EBS online daily limit is €5k. All the limits are there to protect you (or the bank maybe? :) ). It's convenient to be able to transfer large volumes in one go online but it also exposes you to much greater risk. If I'm transferring big amounts, I do several separate transfers over multiple days. I'd be really wary of enabling Bunq, etc. to allow me to transfer large amounts - it just doesn't seem worth it to me.
there are so few branches left now and i can imagine the palaver if i go in and want to transfer say 100k to a N26 account or something!

EBS also include transfers to your own account in that 5k limit which is annoying.

On Bunq, I raise the limit, send the transfer, then reduce the limit again. Decreases the risk.

Back