Zurich vs Davy Prsa?(Near to the final decision)

It wont let me link to the URL. Google 'Standard Life Vanguard Global Share Index' and its on page 2 of the PDF document on the first Google result.

It appears to be a good option
Did you see Steven suggested that a personal pension you can get cheaper charges than a PRSA so that is a better option if our cases are similar?

I guess the thing now is who on the market provides the best personal pension with the lowest charges?

Did you see Steven suggested that a personal pension you can get cheaper charges than a PRSA so that is a better option if our cases are similar?

I guess the thing now is who on the market provides the best personal pension with the lowest charges?
I am already paying into a pension through my employment (Civil Service) so I don't think a personal pension is available to me?

I am already paying into a pension through my employment (Civil Service) so I don't think a personal pension is available to me?
Probably not then, I will likely have to move my PRSA so I will probably now move it to Standard Life at .9 and then Vanguard Global fund on top of that at 0.02 so .92 total.

Or DAVY looks to be in second place at the moment with 0.75% annual management charge and 0.22 for a Vanguard All World Fund so total 0.97.

I think I will have to set up a separate personal pension with the cheapest provider on the market, no idea who that is at the moment though!

As an example, if you compare the above options with Zurich Prisma 4 (1% AMC) is it the case that there is actually little difference between Davy PRSA Fund (Execution Only) 0.75% + 0.22% = 0.97% and Zurich Prisma 4 (1% AMC) or am I looking at this incorrectly?

All feedback welcome :)

All unit liked funds have other ongoing costs (custodian fees, ETF fees, other fund cost/charges). These are the equivalent of TER charges but there's currently no obligation on fund managers to disclose them. That doesn't mean that they're not available, if you ask for them.

Comparing the TER of a global share index or all world fund to a Multi Asset Fund (Prisma 4) isn't a solid basis for a comparison. If you're looking at Zurich you'd need to compare those with something like their International Equity Fund.

TERs / OCFs (ongoing charges figures) are additions to AMCs.

Gerard

www.prsa.ie

All unit liked funds have other ongoing costs (custodian fees, ETF fees, other fund cost/charges). These are the equivalent of TER charges but there's currently no obligation on fund managers to disclose them. That doesn't mean that they're not available, if you ask for them.

Comparing the TER of a global share index or all world fund to a Multi Asset Fund (Prisma 4) isn't a solid basis for a comparison. If you're looking at Zurich you'd need to compare those with something like their International Equity Fund.

TERs / OCFs (ongoing charges figures) are additions to AMCs.

Gerard
In nousername's comparison above he pits the two best PRSA's on the market, the DAVY Prsa 0.75 + 25€ trading charge plus Vanguard all world index 0.22(TER) off against Standard Life with their Vanguard Global Fund of 0.02 on their 0.9% annual management charge.

Who wins out in that comparison in your opinion?

Iiuc, std life could take more than the amc, e.g. they could have TER, advertising, admin costs, and it might not be very transparent.

The davy cost is calculated on your balance in davy twice a year. And has no hidden extra costs.

If you get historic unit prices for std life (e.g. today and five years ago), you could compare the std life growth with the underlying fund growth, and roughly see what the std life drag is.

If you get historic unit prices for std life (e.g. today and five years ago), you could compare the std life growth with the underlying fund growth, and roughly see what the std life drag is.
What would you reckon between the two? Personally I have heard more recommendation on the DAVY PRSA over the Standard Life one. This thread is the first time I have heard it recommended to be honest.

Iiuc, std life could take more than the amc, e.g. they could have TER, advertising, admin costs, and it might not be very transparent.

The davy cost is calculated on your balance in davy twice a year. And has no hidden extra costs.
I may have understated, there are still dealing costs, currency exchange costs, bid/offer spread that you are exposed to with davy.

Who wins out in that comparison in your opinion?

There's no 'right' answer to that.

If your research indicates that it's a toss-up between these two then why don't you do both?

The TERs that you are are basing your decision on aren't guaranteed. They're the current advertised ones. At least, that's my understanding anyway.

And, if you're eligible for a personal pension you probably won't do either of these if your decision is purely down to cost.

Probably not then, I will likely have to move my PRSA so I will probably now move it to Standard Life at .9 and then Vanguard Global fund on top of that at 0.02 so .92 total.

Or DAVY looks to be in second place at the moment with 0.75% annual management charge and 0.22 for a Vanguard All World Fund so total 0.97.

I think I will have to set up a separate personal pension with the cheapest provider on the market, no idea who that is at the moment though!

You are overthinking this. On €5,000 contribution, the difference is €2.50. That's nothing. You have identified products that are competitively priced, pick the one that offers you the best options.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

There's no 'right' answer to that.

If your research indicates that it's a toss-up between these two then why don't you do both?

The TERs that you are are basing your decision on aren't guaranteed. They're the current advertised ones. At least, that's my understanding anyway.

And, if you're eligible for a personal pension you probably won't do either of these if your decision is purely down to cost.
I can't move my PRSA funds into a personal pension as I understand so I have to keep a PRSA going and then look at setting up a personal pension?

Can you or anyone suggest the best providers of a personal pension in Ireland?
I have to do research from square one again on this.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Hey OP.

Just wondered did you ever go with the Davy PRSA?

I am in the same boat as you.

I am currently with Zurich and have 100% allocation + 1% AMC.

But I would like to buy ETF's in a pension wrapper to avoid deemed disposal.

Also are you sure the Davy fee is 0.75%?

I just downloaded their fee booklet and it says the fee is 1.75% total which includes 1% stamp duty, or maybe Im reading it wrong.

Hey OP.

Just wondered did you ever go with the Davy PRSA?

I am in the same boat as you.

I am currently with Zurich and have 100% allocation + 1% AMC.

But I would like to buy ETF's in a pension wrapper to avoid deemed disposal.

Also are you sure the Davy fee is 0.75%?

I just downloaded their fee booklet and it says the fee is 1.75% total which includes 1% stamp duty, or maybe Im reading it wrong.
Hi Jigsaw,
They have some confusing examples where they are trying to break out their fees.
If you are just buying London/Irish ETF you will pay .75% on the PRSA. There is no stamp duty applied for purchasing ETFS. Of course the ETFS will have their own fees(ie bid/spread and TER etc) but they are nothing to do with Davy/Zurich.
K

Back