yahoo.ie and yahoo.com 2 people with same email address just different ending?

shesells

Am totally confused at the moment and don't know if it's a yahoo issue or a Monster.com issue.

My yahoo address is [email protected] (X and Y being forename and surname) and has been for years. Yesterday I started getting emails thanking me for registering with Monster and uploading my resume. I then started getting emails from other jobs source (all US) that I requested when I joined Monster.

Now the thing is, I didn't join Monster yesterday. I think I may have done in the past but from a different email address.

So tried to log in with my yahoo.ie address and couldn't, so checked the mail and saw it was addressed to [email protected]. Tried that and had to click the forgot password button. That sent an email addressed to the .com address, which landed in my inbox. Re-set password and found CV of American woman with all her info, she does share my name.

From what I can see on yahoo, it's not possible to have a .com and .ie address with the same username so I'm confused. Did the other woman put in a wrong email? Is this connected to email lists being hacked? Or is yahoo now allowing duplication of addresses whereby two people can have the same username with one being .ie and the other .com - this could lead to all sorts of complications! Have tried emailing [email protected] from my work email and it does go to my inbox.

I've contacted Monster to let them know it's not me, should probably contact Yahoo as well.

Anyone else encounter something like this?

Same problem with me... I had a .com account from when I was a lot younger... as well as a .ie but for some reason whenever i log into my .com account I get logged into my .ie account and any emails sent to the .com account does not get changed

I have a not very common Christian/Surname combination but have had about 6 different people mistakenly using my email address when signing up for stuff.
Funnily enough,all Americans!

Back