Would you fly on the "fixed" 737 Max airline?

noproblem

There's been at least 2 fatal crashes with this airplane and today i've been talking to tourists in the Canaries about flying in the aircraft if it comes back into production. Everyone has sais they have no intention of ever flying in it but all we hear about is Ryanair waiting on these planes and others as well with no mention of people willing to fly in them. Would people on here fly in them? I'd be terrified because of all the talk about them.

Nope, but what choice do you have, hardly know what plane is going on the route until you get to the airport.

Completely agree with Sparkrite. As will any other new model boeing produces after this.

No. Ryanair will need to describe the model of airline that will be used when booking my ticket.......which they won't do.......Aer Lingus does....

the Boeing-787-Dreamliner had a plethora of problems prior to launch. Mainly it had problems with some batteries combusting during flight. It took some time for Boeing to resolve the problems. Now it is one of the most successful airliners in the air. When the Boeing-737-Max situation is resolved pay my airfare and I'll travel anywhere on one. I'll try not to be using Ryanair though; nobody can do anything about it.

Yes, every time you board a plane, you take some risk and must place your faith in the competency of the pilot and the airplanes engineers

I would have until I read some of the un-redacted messages in the company. Engineers saying "it was designed by clowns who in turn are supervised by monkeys" and how they were pushing for no extra training etc.

I would have until I read some of the un-redacted messages in the company. Engineers saying "it was designed by clowns who in turn are supervised by monkeys" and how they were pushing for no extra training etc.

Now, that's the bit that worries me. I doubt it will come back in the same name though. Leper, you should send in your name to Michael O Leary as one of the guinea pigs for the next maiden flight. Know what they say about pigs and flying?:p

No. Ryanair will need to describe the model of airline that will be used when booking my ticket.......which they won't do.......Aer Lingus does....

Even if an airline indicates an aircraft type it can change when you turn up. I've often had plane changes when boarding.

However - Aer Lingus doesn't operate any Boeing planes. But if they contracted out a route for some reason, you would have no way of knowing

The same people designed their last plane and will design the next one. Boeing and Airbus outsource most of the components in their planes. Those Tier one suppliers in turn outsource to tier two suppliers who in turn have their own supply chain. That aspect of manufacturing is reasonably will controlled. The problem is the outsourcing of design, particularly IT systems, to suppliers all over the world.

Last edited:
It seems that a US Congressional report into the Boeing Max has delivered a blistering critique of Boeing's 'culture of concealment, cost cutting' and 'grossly insufficient ' oversight that led to the two fatal crashes. That Boeing 'jeopardised the safety of the flying public' in its attempts to get the Max approved by regulators and that the design 'was marred by technical design failures, lack of transparency with both regulators and customers'.

The problems gets bigger and bigger for Boeing and its customers, the airlines.

Back