work contract

susan123

Hi, I am hoping someone can give me a bit of help on this one. I work in a school office for 12 yrs. Had a temp contract to start with and due to few changes with principals, it was never changed. New principal came a few years ago and decided to review contracts. Mine couldnt be found.
Eventually I found my copy last year, and I asked for some entitlement to sick pay. Got new contract last year with 5 days sick pay per annum.
I was out sick last Dec for 5 days, and again for 3 days in June. I didnt get paid for the 3 days in June, and when I queried this, I was told that it would be asked if it was for school year or calendar year.
Just been told it is on a 12 month rolling basis and wouldnt be entitled to it and wouldnt be entitled to any sick pay until next Dec. Is this right or could I argue that?
Thanks a mill for any advice

A lot of sick pay schemes are now on the rolling basis and there can be a limit in any period of three/four years. so you are lucky if per annum . Can you check with other schools in the area as to what sick pay scheme your grade gets.

Back