Work and Mobile Phone Charge

Thanks guys, I don't think it is enough for me to ignore them or to just say no, I want to prove that I am right to say no! I have asked for the bill again and why I should pay then I will blow them out of the water!! I just think they need to be called out on it in a polite manner of course!

I got the bill, low and behold it is a cancellation charge not a porting charge and the language has changed to it's 'unfortunate' and 'we'll have to find some middle ground on this'.

So I have been asked to pay twice, been lied to about the exact nature of the charge and now being asked to pay 'some middle ground' figure due to them not being in control of their phone account!

You were made redundant. There is no middle ground. They cancelled it so their charge...…..God, they have some nerve. Just ignore them

It was the employers contract with the mobile service provider. I assume on that basis, they paid the bills as they fell due. This charge is no different. With no contract wit the provider, you have no liability for it and they can't pursue you for it. Based on the fact they are making you redundant, they also initiated the process that led to this cancellation charge or whatever it is. They just need to put that fee on the cost of making somebody redundant budget.
As others have said, it's very petty.

Back