wooden venetian blinds

If you run the search option in this forum there are quite a number of threads with references to wooden blinds.

i have wooden venetian blinds in all my rooms. They do gather dust, but i find giving them a thorough clean every few months means i dont need to go near them for ages.... they look great

i have wooden venetian blinds in all my rooms. They do gather dust, but i find giving them a thorough clean every few months means i dont need to go near them for ages.... they look great
May be a silly question but do you need curtains as well? I saw a house in an estate agent window with wooden v blinds and it had long curtains down to the floor. I ask because I want a minimalist look. Thanks for your reply
edit I agree with you re the cleaning cant be that bad as folk say, everything needs cleaning. do you take them down to clean? did you fit them yourself?

If it is an old house with poor insulation you may need curtains to keep the heat in. If the house is well insulated, the curtains are purely cosmetic.

We have wooden venetian blinds throughout. We had them fitted from the place we bought them. They do get dusty, but a quick dusting every couple of weeks keeps them looking well. We've gone for curtains in the bedroom, purely because our house faces east and we are both light sleepers so like a dark room.

Back