Wooden internal shutters

Bamhan

Has anyone had internal wooden shutters made and fitted in Ireland?
I have a couple of unusualy shape windows which don't suit blinds or curtains and am thinking of shutters but wonder where to source them and what they look like when hung.
I have seen a couple of Irish based web sites adn ordered brochures but there is nothing like hearing from people who have used the product first hand to see if it is a good or bad idea.

Hi Bamhan
Interesting. I have seen these in middle eastern houses. During the height of the heat you close them to keep the coolness in, created by the thick white painted walls. Never seen then here though. Are we talking about the same thing?, wooden louvred units hinged to open inwards.
It can be a nice touch, but whilst open take up a lot of wall space, depending on the width of the apeture. The irregular shape of your windows would not matter. Most of the units I've seen are rectangular units which cover arabesque arches. They fit over the apeture, not shaped to fit inside it.
You might be able to buy premade timber louvred units to fit. I have seen some at B&Q at reasonable prices. Look at the Noyeks and Woodworkers sites as well they might have something suitable.Installation would be easy. Sounds like an interesting project and an interesting house.

There are a few Irish web sites which offer the type of thing I am after, which would fold flat to the wall when open.
They do indeed fit inside the arch, I have two arched windows in the bathroom and want them to be a feature rather than hidden by somthing whihc does not show their shape, any blind makers I have consulted say their blinds would not be suitable.
I also have some very tall thin windows either side of my bed which would need some sort of closue to block out light but I would like to be able to have them completely clear during the day hence the shutters.

i have them fitted in my house

really neat

i got quotes from the 3 irish companies doing them but they were very expensive

i brought them in from america in the end for half the price

pm if you want further details theydid ask me if i was interested in being their agent here

Hi Beolight
Would be interested. Looking for solid shutters. Can you give me the details? Building in Kildare

Hi Beolight,
I would be interested too as we intend on having these throughout our new build. Havn't researched the irish prices yet, but would certainly be interested in getting some info on your source,

Many Thanks in advance

Hi,
New to site but i am very interested in the internal shutters from america....how do they in cost and quality to irish manufacturers.I was also wondering if anyone has any experience in importing timber floors???

Beolight..i too would be interested. Could you post some details as theres a few of us here interested by the looks of it!