Wooden floors

deanwood

My house is nearly ready and I have heard if you are putting down wooden flooring you should wait at least 6 weeks to put them down as the house needs to dry out. All the plastering has been done for ages so do you think I still need to wait 6 weeks to put down the wooden floors?

This is a Homes and Gardens and not a Mortgages and Home Buying query so I have moved it.

yep. 6 months from end of plastering not 6 weeks is the minimum requirement.

start dehumidfying a room with no open window and a closed door witha bit of masking tape around it and if there is moisture in it after 3 days of dehumidifying and dumping it out once then ask your self where could it POSSIBLY have come from

Yep, I've heard that again and again, too. Also put the heating on full for a while that will help drying the floor. You then need to measure the moisture content of the concrete. It should not be higher than between 3-5% (opinions differ here, some say it has to be below 3 others say it has to be below 5).
If you don't let it dry out properly your floorboard will start warping as they absorb all the moisture....