Wooden floors

deanwood

My house is nearly ready and I have heard if you are putting down wooden flooring you should wait at least 6 weeks to put them down as the house needs to dry out. All the plastering has been done for ages so do you think I still need to wait 6 weeks to put down the wooden floors?

This is a Homes and Gardens and not a Mortgages and Home Buying query so I have moved it.

yep. 6 months from end of plastering not 6 weeks is the minimum requirement.

start dehumidfying a room with no open window and a closed door witha bit of masking tape around it and if there is moisture in it after 3 days of dehumidifying and dumping it out once then ask your self where could it POSSIBLY have come from :D

Yep, I've heard that again and again, too. Also put the heating on full for a while that will help drying the floor. You then need to measure the moisture content of the concrete. It should not be higher than between 3-5% (opinions differ here, some say it has to be below 3 others say it has to be below 5).
If you don't let it dry out properly your floorboard will start warping as they absorb all the moisture....

Back