Wooden Floor Nightmare

G

graham_e

can anyone offer any advice???

i bought an aparmtnet and the one above me is rented out to a family with an 8 - 10 year old son. the owners of the apartment put wooden floors down and i don't know what they are doing up there but i hear everything, i feel like i can hear and just about feel every move they make, and i'm pretty sure the son is allowed to play football up there too.

is there anything at all i can do, i feel like i'm going insane and can't deal with the level of noise any more!

Wooden floors are nearly a no-no in most new apartment complexes due to problems with noise, impact noise being the culprit here. However many owners/ landlords may retrofit them and this may be the problem. Do you have timber floors in your own apartment? Do you know if they were fitted as standard? Your first port of call is probably to contact the management agent who can advise if timber floors are allowed first off.

no they're not fitted as standard and i put carpet down as i was under the impression that wooden floors were not allowed but apparently they scraped that rule sometime during the building of the block!
i've tried contacting the management company and they have proved useless but i'll just have to keep ringing them i guess!
thanks for the reply!

Back