Wooden Extensions

R

richo

Hi
we just got the most ridiculous quote for the building of a wooden extension to our house - 18x13 foot is the dimensions and it was nearly 30K over our budget, and our budget is quite a good budget -so my qs is, has anyone any experience of having a wooden extension added to their house and any recommendations for companies. We're based in Nth Co Dublin
Many thanks

Shomera now do house extensions - maybe get a quotation from them?? We got a "shomera" three years ago - although not an extension but a studio (an extra room in our garden) - I would highly recommend the company for good service and efficiency.

www.shomera.ie

Hi
building of a wooden extension to our house - 18x13 foot is the dimensions and it was nearly 30K over our budget,

Few threads in AAM suggested about €2500 per sqm for extensions (concrete, not wood) , so 18*13 feet (21sqm) = €54k

Out of interest, what is the total price you have been quoted for?

got a quote from shomera before christmas for a 12x12 extension, for 37.5K!!
they said prices would go up by 4% in the new year. Just finished having a sun room built for 24K. Same size, similar specs.

A word of warning, make sure they are accredited, I think NSAI or else it might cause problems with your insurance.

Loaded 1973,
what part of the country are you in and were you satisfied with the work done. Was that for a complete finish. Can you recommend the builder on to us if you feel he is worth the recommendation.
Thanks.

We're in Kildare, but the company is in Dublin. The price was for a 12x12 sunroom, tiled roof, pebble dashed exterior to match existing house. Plastered interior, laminate floor, skirting, downlighters, sockets, 2 velux windows, and 12x12 decking in garden and a new garden gate, excellent build quality. 3.5 weeks from start to finish. they gave us 2 extra sockets (one exterior) and relaid our paving slabs to make a new path up the garden at no extra cost. Workers very plesant and tidy, salesmen a bit smarmy but easy enough to deal with. I have no affiliation what so ever to them and would recommend them. pm me for details, i'm not sure if it's ok to name them here.