Wooden Beams For Sun-Room

StevenC

Hi,

I'm looking to get around 6 wooden beams, 4x3 or someting similar and around 8ft in length for a sunroom in a new self-build. The sunroom will be open plan from floor right up to roof level and i intend putting tongued and grooved boards between the beams. I will probably paint the beams black but would like a rough type finish on one side of them, the bark of a tree for example.

Does anyone know where I could source something like this in the midlands/leinster area?

Hi, try TJ who works at Dundrum Sawmills on 086-815 1465. We have found him very helpful and gives great advice. They do deliver and we have always found them very efficient and ok price wise. All the best.

Hi, you can get them in Kilkenny Salvage yard or like us, we got them up the north in wilsons yard, the quality and rough look are amazing, shame to paint black. If you go to this place though, you will leave with more than the wooden beams, fantastic stuff.

I got a pitch pine beam in Pitch pine products, Clonmel a few years ago 9X9 15ft long, they cut it to suit. I was told it was over 100years old. You will get any size you want, rough sawn or planed. No affiliation to this company by the way.

Last edited:
It would be more economical to buy 4x3 rough whitedeal from any builders merchants, Brookes, Coens ect, if you are painting them black. Using pitch pine or similar salvaged timber is an expensive option. Of course I assume that these beams are non structural, and only for aesthetic purpose.

sabre

Last edited: