Wood pellet stove with balanced flue.

AJL

I have no chimney and was going with a gas stove with a balanced flue as it only requires a small hole in the wall and does not require a chimney above the eve.
However i would prefer to go wood pellet. Can anybody tell me can you get a wood pellet stove that has a balanced flue?

I have no chimney and was going with a gas stove with a balanced flue as it only requires a small hole in the wall and does not require a chimney above the eve.
However i would prefer to go wood pellet. Can anybody tell me can you get a wood pellet stove that has a balanced flue?
If you are in Kildare, a friend of mine has just taken over the franchise for Kedco wood pellet burners. His name is John Reddy and his number is 086 8119604. Even if you are not in Kildare, he can put you in touch with your local rep. His email is john.reddy@kedco.ie

In the same situation as above, just found this [broken link removed] which states they cant be used and what building regulations such stoves fall under. To be honest I'm not technical in this area, but it looks like you cant use a pellet stove where one could use a gas stove etc...

S.

No, a balanced flue definitly wont do the job.

For most Wood Pellet stoves the minimum flue length of a flue is 1.5m. If this flue is going on the outside of the house this flue must be double insulated. Also Wood Pellet stoves need an air source to operate safetly. This is easily done if your stove is on an external wall but a little more tricky if your linking into an internal chinmey as you need access the air from the chimney itself.

No, a balanced flue definitly wont do the job.

For most Wood Pellet stoves the minimum flue length of a flue is 1.5m. If this flue is going on the outside of the house this flue must be double insulated. Also Wood Pellet stoves need an air source to operate safetly. This is easily done if your stove is on an external wall but a little more tricky if your linking into an internal chinmey as you need access the air from the chimney itself.

Thanks,

I suppose even if we meet this min. length, what sort of fumes would be exiting the flue? I ask because the room (in question) is a single storey extension onto a 2 storey house with bedroom windows overhead?

Thanks

S.

Back