Wood Lice

wigwam

Anybody know of an effective treatment to get rid of woodlice infestation?

Wigwam, what part of the house or garden do you have a problem with them?
They are harmless enough, as they feed mainly on dead plant material.

A few things to consider Wigwam:

Have you carried any old or damp wood indoors recently? - a load of them could have fallen off.

They feed on rotting wood - so check for damp in door surrounds etc as this may be a problem anyway.

Check for holes where they may be getting in (and out - because they won't last long in a warm dry house) and use either ant powder or the smellier but more effective solution, creosote.

(by the way, am assuming that this is an indoor problem)

Last edited:
My garden is invested with woodlice, absolutely everywhere because of dampness. I bought "woodlice killer" - a white powder in Woodies about 7 euro and it 100% works - much better than the slug and snail killer!

Hiya
I have a woodlice infestation in our house - place isn't damp and don't know where they are getting in from - just know we often find them crawling around......
What could I use to get rid of these - as they are in the house I really don't want to use anything smelly!!
Ta

Hiya
I have a woodlice infestation in our house - place isn't damp and don't know where they are getting in from - just know we often find them crawling around......
What could I use to get rid of these - as they are in the house I really don't want to use anything smelly!!
Ta

Look at my post - 100% works

Back