Wood Floor in Dublin

T

thisisit

Hi everyone,
Trying to find a good place to buy solid or semi solid maple flooring in Dublin.
Tried the usual homebase, woodies and b & q etc but the selection is not great so have ruled out DIY stores.
Tried hardwood Floor company in Liffey Valley but its very expensive in comparison..
Any suggestions on where to look for maple flooring?!
Thanks!

Try Woodworkers on Mount Tallant Avenue in Harolds Cross. They should have what you are looking for. I have no connection but am a satisfied customer

theres a builders suppliers at the start of the greenhills road,i can't think of the name but a pal got wood flooring from there.

Thanks guys.
Good idea with the builders suppliers and that place on Mount Tallant..
Will try both today and give you an update!

Did lots of research 2 years back and found a guy out in lucan village (just over the bridge in a small business park) by far the cheapest, €24 per square yard for solid oak.

Thanks everyone.
TJ O'Mahony do solid maple for 30 a square yard.. seems to be good value.

in the meantime I found out my apartment lease states:

"The floors must be kept adequately recovered with a resilient material or a material with a resilient base the thickness of the material including any backing being at least 4.5 mm.

For the avoidance of doubt a material is deemed to be resilient if it returns to its original thickness after it has been compressed.

Suitable resilience will also be provided by floor covering with a waited impact to sound improvement. (A.L.A.L.W.) of not less than 17 as calculated in annex A.2(B)S5821: Part 2 1984.

Any soft covering shall be bonded to the floor base."

Just wondering does this level of sound proofing exclude the use the solid wood flooring?
At the moment the floor is concrete with a cork type covering - presume its some sort of sound proofing.

Confusing!

Back