Wireless connection issues with Linksys WRT54G

Anto318

Hi all,

I got BT broadband in the house a few months ago and I am using a Linksys WRT54G to broadcast my wireless signal.

As I was away from the house over Christmasa I turned off the BT router and linksys wireless router. I got back to the house the other day turned back on the BT and linksys routers but every since I can't connect wirelessly to the router.

I have set my IP address of the BT router to 192.168.1.2 and linksys router to 192.168.1.1. I have disabled DHCP on the BT router and enabled it on the linksys router.

But even when I sit alongside the wireless router I cannot pick up a signal even with security turned off.

I have tried resetting the BT router and wireless router a number of times and just tried to start again but everytime I still can't see my wireless network. On a few occasions the wireless router is detected by my computer but then when I try to connect I get a message back saying "unable to connect to ____".

Is there something that I am missing? Before I turned the routers off for Christmas they were working fine and I have had no trouble, I am connecting to the linksys router at the moment wired and I have having no trouble but for some reason I can't connect to it wirelessly. I have wireless enabled on my computer and on the linksys router.

If you need anymore info please let me know as I want to get this sorted.

Thanks,
AM

Not much help here but I run the same linksys with ntl router. Stupid question maybe but why did you assign an IP address to the BT router - surely an IP that comes with that modem. My linksys has the same IP address as you. Suggest you type in the IP 192.168.1.1 and check out the wireless security settings. The router is working as a hub but not as wireless therefore I think that your wireless settings are off. If you want PM me and if convenient we can compare settings.

Back