Wireless Connection IP Problem?

ButtermilkJa

Since yesterday I'm having trouble connecting my PC laptop to my BT wireless broadband connection. It just wont pick up an IP address. My Mac laptop connects to the same router just fine and receives an IP no problem. The PC can see the network in the 'View available networks' pane but just wont take an IP from the router. It will connect fine through the ethernet cable.

Anyone any thoughts? I haven't done anything since using it on Friday. No software installs/upgrades etc.

I'm at a complete loss. Tried rebooting everything many times, tried assigning a static IP but no joy. :(

Im sure Ive seen this before, think I resolved by one of the following... try
1) Disabling and re-enabling the network connections.
2) Switching on and off the wireless chipset using hardware keys and/or from the chipset software (or adaptor software if youre using one) -- think this was the problem...
3) re-configuring the wireless connection parameters (security keys etc)

Hi, thanks for the tips. I tried numbers 1 and 3 already but no joy. I'll give number 2 a bash now and see what happens...

Just fixed it. For some reason it had dropped my encryption key passsword from it's memory and so was trying to connect without it. Don't know how this happened but anyway, I retyped the WPA key and it's fine now.

Thanks for the tips all the same!

Back