Wire free speaker systems

W

Westbound

I would like to install a surround sound system for the telly in the living room. However, I am not keen on cables all over the place, so was wondering if such a thing as wire free speakers exisited for such systems? If so who makes them? I suspect if there are, they'll be very prciey and I might just have to make do!

with 6 speakers ,id say batteries would be the big issue

Wire Free

Philips do a system with wire-free rear speakers. Try Dixons or Curry, I think it's around the 300euro mark. Panasonic also do one. No idea of the price, saw it in a shop in Kilkenny last weekend.

I would like to install a surround sound system for the telly in the living room. However, I am not keen on cables all over the place, so was wondering if such a thing as wire free speakers exisited for such systems? If so who makes them? I suspect if there are, they'll be very prciey and I might just have to make do!

As per some of the other posts, there are currently no systems with all-wireless speakers.

There are a few makes - Pioneer, Sony mainly - who do wireless rear speakers only. Note that you typically need to plug in the wireless rear speakers into a power point.

Check out Google or [broken link removed].

I would have thought that with fast Firewire-type connections (iLink etc.) becoming standard on high-end AV, and with the popularity of wireless routers, that a wireless home AV system based on a wireless LAN would not be too difficult to do.

Radiowave interference might be a problem, perhaps.

There is obviously consumer demand for such as product!

I am not keen on cables all over the place
Since a wired system seems to be the best option available still, can you rethink the possibility of using one? It is not that hard to hide the speaker wire since it's very small. Even for vertical runs up the wall, only a very slight chase in the wall would be needed, which can be easily covered later with filler. Have you carpet or skirting to hide the horizontal runs? If you're painting the room it will also help hide the cables.

You can also get flat cables that can easily be routed/hidden under carpets etc. if that's any use.

Back