Wiped almost everything wiped from laptop,what to do now?

thedaras

I had a problem with my laptop and I downloaded CCLeaner onto it.
I must have inadvertantly wiped much more that I intented as it wont even connect to the internet anymore.
When I try to restore, it tells me there are no restore points or that its not allowed|!
Help!!
There is nothing wrong with the internet connection as I am on a different laptop now with no problems..
Thanks in advance

Reinstall original installation with discs provided.

Make sure you get everything off first as this will do a full install for you.

Thanks for that..
Have been searching for that disc, but cant find it!
Any idea what to do when the original discs cant be located?/
Cheers.

Go to '' start - my computer properties - device manager - hardware '' and see are there any yellow question marks ( ? ) there

Hi, My laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens//with windows vista and nvidia graphics.
This message keeps coming up..Code 0 unknown error ..or " has closed in an unusual way...

Am going to charge it now and see if there are any quesion marks as suggested... I do remember seeing a yellow triangle with an ! in the centre of it though!
Thanks for all the help..I determined to get it right!! ( saying that it does look like I will be heading for the computer repair shop..)

Last edited:
Try start-up in safe mode , by hitting F8 continuously after pressing power button , and you may be able to go to '' last known good configuration '' etc

Another option , is this :
On somebody elses PC , go to the Fujitsu Siemens website ( downloads ) and download the drivers needed to run your laptop onto a USB flash drive etc .
Then install same on your laptop

The triangle you mention above just sounds like windows update needs to be updated on your laptop.

Thanks for the help,but would you believe that for some bizzare reason,it finally allowed me to restore it!! I have no idea what I did ,that it allowed me to do that,as up to now it would just say,no restore available!!
Happy days.;)

That being said the original reason that I was messing around with it was that I was trying to uninstall something.
Im trying to uninstall " Nokia multimedia" and the following message appears.

Nokia mulitmedia common components 2.5, Install server not responding.

No matter what I do ,either cancel or retry ,NOTHING will get it to stop flashing at the bottom of my screen..
It just keeps coming up with " is requesting your permission",no matter what I do,either " allow " or "cancel" I cannot get rid of it.

Altough having messed the laptop up I dont think several flashing requests at the bottom of my screen will bother me too much now!!

Anyhow thanks again for the advice..:)

Last edited:
Don't mess with registry tools unless you really know what you are doing. Even then the odds of trashing a machine are high when you start being creative with the registry.

If something won't uninstall, and gives you error. A lot of the time, reinstalling the application will fix the problem and allow you to uninstall it normally.

Of course if you have a good and tested backup, then it doesn't matter what you do, as you'll be able to recover no matter what.

Back