Windy night! Noise from attic!

Mopsy

I sleep, or try to when it is windy, in a dormer bedroom - quite a funnel of wind always rushes up the side of the house where this bedroom is. It is a blend of a whistling noise through the vents, and what seem to be a rattling noise. Now I thought it might be the soffits or downpipe or a slate of the roof but no all fine there. I know with all the new houses, vents are everywhere!!! hence wind can rush right through them!

But this noise, which I think is from the attic - could be wrong!! is somewhat annoying and is not a problem in any other of the dormer bedrooms so I end up moving to another bedroom while the OH sleeps! and snores!!! - women are definitely more sensitive to sounds - day and NIGHT.

Any ideas, what I should be looking out for? Outside all is fine - no slates of the roof - no HOLE in the roof. Maybe shoots could be a little loose? They don't look it!!! One downpipe while a little loose, not threateningly!!

Hope it is not windy tonight!!!

I know how you feel - I didn't sleep a wink last night! I've just moved into a new house and it sounded like there was a party going on in my attic half the night. Thought I might just need to get used to the noises in a new house but if it's something else like missing slates or something I should get it looked at...

I was also hearing a whistling noise in the bedroom and one night discovered there was a draught at the window frame (PVC) and when I put my finger along it the tone varied and I could even stop the noise. I intend to put a fine run of mastic along it some of these days.

Back