Windows User Restrictions

Anto318

Hi all,

I have a quick questions. I am setting up a network at the minute just as a favour to a friend and there are two User Profiles (Management, Staff).

I want to restrict the Staff user from accessing the internet, downloading software and any other necessary restrictions.

Management will have unlimited access rights...

Any steps to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AM

Tell us some more about the setup
Is it Server / client based or just clients and a router?

Sorry it is just two standalone systems with an eircom router. There is a back office system where software is running and a front end system where staff are using the software being run off the back room system.

The firewall has to be turned off between the two systems as the software won't work if a firewall is activated.

I have been looking it up and what I've come up with is either installing an Application called Access Manager where you can set retrictions to systems or user.

The other option is running the command mmc and setting Group Policies from there.

Any advice would be appreciated I hope I gave enough info.

Just spotted your reply
The mmc method would not let you stop internet access or downloads,did you use Access Manager ? Any good?

log management on as admistraters, adminastraters rights .then go to internet properties&stick a password in it