windows suitable for low energy or passive houses, wood and uPVC

gooner

I was looking around for some info on low energy housing and came accross this website.It is about a passive house that is currently under construction in Wales.They have a bit about the windows they are using internorm from Austria,which are available in wood,alu and uPVC.Interestingly they are active in the UK.I have just emailed them to see if they have any agents in Northern Ireland or The Republic.I'll post the reply here soon.This may be of interest to some of you guys.

[broken link removed]

Gooner, I am building a small development of houses in Carlow. The houses will achieve A ratings. I have ICF walls with U-value of 0.15 and looked extensively for triple glazing windows. I found them from Doleta in Kilkenny, John 087 6578590. They have a good choice of woods and alu clad and the window is robust with 80mm of wood which is necessary for the weight of 3 panes of glass. More importantly their glass U-value is .6 which is critical in achieving the A rating. I know that they are made in Lithuania but all glass (Saint Gobain), wood and hinges/handles (GU Ferco) come from Germany. And they arrived when they were supposed to arrive.

Tedc7972, in accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any association with the above company?

I see you do have a link with Lithuania, so alarm bells are ringing!
Thanks,
Leo

hey Leo, I had some concerns too about Lithuania, just my own myopic perception however now after my experiences I'd prefer stuff out of Lithuania than China.

Hi Gooner - I found this crowd that deal with Internorm in Ireland

http://www.ecoglaze.ie

Tedc I have sent you a pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had a quote for Internorm windows?
They do look great, have just received their brochure, but would welcome any comments as to quality/price/service

Bats

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had a quote for Internorm windows?
They do look great, have just received their brochure, but would welcome any comments as to quality/price/service

Bats

I got a quote from them. I'm planning on going with them. I've been dealing with www.ecoglaze.ie

My quote is around 50K for triple glazed, alu-clad in one of the premium priced colours and the larch timber internally. I have alot of glass. The quote was for the Edition range.

Hi sas,

Could I ask how many windows and how they compared to other quotes you received.....just trying to get a feel for their pricing before i get my heart set and possibly broken ......we have a huge number of windows and am just waiting for the final window shedule to be completed!

pm me if you like

Thanks for your time n trouble, bats