windows, stairs, solid wood front door for self build

poppy1

Hi
We are building in clare and i would like to get some quotes for windows, stairs and a solid wood front door, but dont know where to start. Can anyone help me with names of more suppliers, thanks

I got my stairs and front door made my individual craftsmen as opposed to large companies.
Local joiners may be a useful start for getting ideas and quotes.

Definitely take out the golden pages and look up joinery. Ring first and if you get a favourable response about doing a quote, drop over a list of your requirements. Don't be put off by the untidiest workshops you will have ever seen when visiting joinery shops. They should be able to show you some of their work in progress and it’s a good chance to see the workmanship.

Better still if you know of or can get a recommendation for a local handyman/carpenter (who will fit the doors/stairs) use him to suggest a joinery shop.

These joinery shops will piece a job by the material used and square foot so can run off quotes quickly.

In the middle of a self-build. We copied our window schedule, typed a letter and sent to names of window places in the Golden pages. Got good level of response with detailed quotes.