Windows Media Centre

Purple

I have a Dell PC with Windows media centre installed. It has a TV card (obviously) and I am running an NTL digital cable box through it. When I run the TV direct from the wall the signal is fine but when I run it through the NTL digital box there is no picture. I have reinstalled, I have checked the cables... has anyone any idea how to fix it?
Dell customer support gave me an English number but I couldn't understand the guy at the other end of the phone (strong accent) and he knew nothing about Irish NTL boxes.

How are you connecting the ntl digital box to the PC - SCART or co-ax - cos I'm not sure that the digital signal will run through co-ax.

Purple said:
I have a Dell PC with Windows media centre installed. It has a TV card (obviously) and I am running an NTL digital cable box through it. When I run the TV direct from the wall the signal is fine but when I run it through the NTL digital box there is no picture. I have reinstalled, I have checked the cables... has anyone any idea how to fix it?
Dell customer support gave me an English number but I couldn't understand the guy at the other end of the phone (strong accent) and he knew nothing about Irish NTL boxes.

Does the same cable work when you connect the NTL Digital box to your TV? Can you access the digital channels?

Back