Windows From Sweden.

hayabusa

Folks,
I am building a house at present and was looking for alu clad windows.
The most reasonable are a crowd that supply only (no measure or install) from Sweden. They do not measure or fit the windows.
The reason I am going with them is because they are cheapest and high quality. Hard to get both.
However I have some concerns after talking to a few people, to be very carefull, because if windows are delivered and do not fit what happens.
There are a lot of patio and French doors in the build, Also there is a half hex shape to the back of the house, all glass.
I would like to know if there are any window experts out there who specailise in measuring, sending drawings, and installing.
If anyone has used a service like this please let me know.

Thanks

Also check if their windows open in or out -some interesting posts re this

Hi NHG,
Can you please expand on the interesting points on windows opening in or out.
Is there anyone else out there with any input on Windows query.
Does anyone know a company or person who will measure and install windows.
I am looking to import them but need someone who knows how to measure them to do it.
These are not straight forward windows, A lot of patio doors and french doors. An odd triangle window also.

tHanks
ThANKJS.

Folks
I am ordering windows from Sweden,
Does anyone out there know a company or person who will measure and install windows.
I am looking to import them but need someone who knows how to measure them to do it.
These are not straight forward windows, A lot of patio doors and french doors. An odd triangle window also.

Check out a local joiner and see who they use to measure and install. They may well be interested in the work. Only some of the larger window companies have installation teams others subcontract out installation work.

As I said previously, there are some interesting points in the Key post about Windows on this site - well worth a read. When windows open where do you hang your blinds, if a pane of glass breaks how easy is it to replace etc, for example.

Any builder should be able to measure and install your windows. My rule of thumb is "Whoever measures should be the same person installing" - everyone has their own way of measuring and reading a tape. Measure twice and cut once - and old saying but very true.

What part of the country those who are looking for aluclad windows in?

I know of a company in Co Galway, and one in Dublin who both sell aluclad & will both measure before making, in their local areas.

Your builder may do it if you ask - but be sure to put the onus on him to get the dimensions right.
Marvin Architectural in Wicklow are very good for supply and fit - and the finish is excellent.