Windows and doors companies in Dublin.

Murphy18

I am in the process of getting quotes for full replacement of windows and doors in my terraced house. Ultimate windows and doors quoted me 6k for uPVC windows and composite front door and Fairco have quoted 9.5k (including a 35% discount) for same. Has anyone used either of these or recommend any other companies? I'd hesitate going for the cheapest option for obvious reasons and you can't go by google reviews to get a picture of which companies are better.
Thanks.

I used DK Windows about 3.5 years ago for 3 x triple glazed windows. Cost just over €2k. Found them v professional and reliable.

I spent 20 years in the business along time ago now but 3 years ago wanted a new front door with side screens. The door was fine but a lot of the company's had a poor approach to finishing the kicker plate on the outside. Many used cement others a different colour pvc and also sitting proud of the door threshold with silicone. The brochures all show a door on a flat floor but in Ireland we almost have a step down when exiting the house.

I can highly recommend Rationel, they have a showroom in Sandyford. Bit on the pricey side but delighted with product.

When they finish the job, make sure they remove all of the tape and do a proper silicone seal on the inside.
I had trouble with a supplier not mentioned above where they said that they would leave it behind to protect the frame when I repaint but in hindsight I should have got tyem to remove it as it was an eyesore until I actually painted.
Also with sliding doors, the tape is difficult to fully remove as it is tucked behind where the doors overlap.
They should do a proper finish in my opinion!

Back