Windows 7 Starter or XP for Netbook

Paulsgirl

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has bought a Netbook with Windows 7 Starter on it.

I'm about to buy one and can't decide between Windows XP or Windows 7 Starter Edition.

Anyone any opinions on the comparison of both?

Thanks

Paulsgirl

Windows 7 is nice. But theres nothing for me that is a need to have. Its just a nice to have.

I just got an E6500 laptop from Dell with Win 7 Professional, so far running very smoothly, I love the windows snap features, very useful for file manipulation, sorting etc. I don't think I've ever used the windows key on the keyboard as much.

Thanks for your replies but I'm more wondering about Windows 7 Starter Edition as I believe its a cut down version of Windows 7.

So, does anyone have this on their netbook? And if so, how does it compare to Windows XP?

Thanks.

I recently purchased a notebook.. im using Windows XP Home edition.. Im just thinking maybe with a notebook, XP is a good option! I havent used Windows7

For longevity sake, I probably would opt for Windows 7. XP is old in the tooth, and now that MS have released a successful OS (sorry, Vista), its days are numbered.

There's a chart here showing what features the Starter edition is missing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions

Have a look and see which ones you can live without.