Window suppliers and disposal of existing windows

danaforever

Hello, does the cost of windows and installation usually include the company taking away the old windows and disposing of them?
Thank you

Last edited:
I got new windows recently and i had to pay for a skip to take away the windows

Bonner Windows took ours away no problem. It was included in the original quote. They use the one person all the time as we noticed 'the usual vans' driving by the house looking for the old aluminium ones.

Alot of them don't do it anymore because of the cost of bringing them to the dump.

We got our windows and doors done about 3 weeks ago. They old ones were taken away by the glazier. He told me that if he left them there and someone *acquired* the old ones and subsequenltly dumped them, that the windows may be traceable back to him and he could be liable for fines. I think a lot of them will take them away purely from a safety point of view

D

I'm getting replacement windows from Wright windows in Mullingar. They take away all debris including the old windows for no extra charge.

got windows changed and company (regency) took them all away with them including all other debris. this would be standard practice with reputable companies that they take the windows with them.

just a slight correction they dont do it free of charge it will be built into your overall price so you are essentially paying for it yourself !

if the company does not take them with dispose of them you are likely dealing with a bit of a cowboy !

We've just gotten a really good quote from Westwood windows in ashbourne and they also include the price of removing all old windows. They are also removing a garage door that we are replacing with a new window.