Window cleaning

Marple

Have upstairs windows in dire need of cleaning. Yet damned if I`ll pay the going rate for getting them "cleaned" every few weeks. Haven`t got a ladder though but wondering if there`s any other system out there for cleaning the outside of upstairs windows.

Suppose I`m thinking of some telescopic squeedgie thingummy that`d get at those hard to reach places without me risking life and limb in the process.

If there isn`t such a system about would appreciate if some whiz kid around here would get onto the job and come up with a solution. Am willing to test prototype for free!

Marple

I'd suggest that if you haven't figured out how to do this yourself by now, you should bite the bullet and engage the services of a "professional."

Try Argos. They have something with a telescopic lance that can reach the top floor.

If they are as dirty as you say then you'll need to get up the ladder and give them a good scrub down with luke warm sudsy water then rinse them clean with the garden hose which can be done from the ground you can then squeegie them dry I do my own once a month but there is a guy who goes around our neighbourhood once a month he charges 10 yoyos for front and back which is very reasonable needless to say when he's around we do get him to do them as if your not used to doing this work then it can take some time and you may not be happy with the end result. Lidl sell some excellent glass cleaner which I have used and it dries streak free which is great.

Good Luck ;)

Thanks Jdork and Dobber for your replies.

That telescopic yokie sounds like just the job for me. Can vouch for that Lidl glass cleaner too. But will do the soapy water and rinse routine on the upstairs windows as they haven`t been cleaned for a while.

Was quoted 20 Euro to clean eight windows. Too much in my book. I clean the downstairs ones regularly and just need a good method of getting to the upstairs ones which doesn`t involve buying a ladder.

Marple

I actually bought a ladder to do this type of job myself, dont have a fear of heights so I can zip up and down the ladder. Having done this and also used the long squeegie thing I think Dobber is right, you wont get enough pressure to clean the windows properly from the ground. The ladder can also be used for the major wall painting when its needed and clearing gutters etc.

Do add some vinegar to the water solution when cleaning, works a treat!

Back