Window cleaning help needed

raglan

Hi,

I'm in our new build house and have tried to clean our windows twice but there seems to be a stubborn raindrop pattern that just won't come of some windows. Worse on some than others. Cleaned first time with combination of hot soapy water, windowlene spray, even pure vineagar and newpaper to polish. Have also bought a special window cleaner from a DIY shop to see would this work, raindrop pattern still remains. If I scratch some with my fingernail they seem to go but was wondering has anyone ever had this problem and what would you recommend to clean?

Also, two of the windows have fairly bad scratches on them , has anyone ever had scratches on windows polished of?

If you have double glazing the marks may well be within the sealed unit.

You might need to discuss the scratches with the builder so mention the dirty glass if its bothering you a lot.

hi raglan,
i'm surprised the vinerar didn't help.
try using a clean cloth with white spirit,dont use any scratchies or any thing.this wont clean your windows but it should get rid of the marks,you'll then have to wash your windows.if this doesn't work get onto the window manufacturer directly and explain,they have matherials that can help,and any i've delt with are very good,because if you go to the builder you could be waiting.

Back