window blinds in cork

corkcuu

I am looking to get window blinds in the Cork area. No idea yet whether i want roller, roman or wooden. Need to get them for around 10 windows. incl a huge sunroom.

Any ideas of who are good to deal with in Cork and good priced?

Have seen a few websites that you can order your own and they seem nice but would they be very hard to install??

Hi I went to the blindmake in Vicars road, I got 7 blinds upstairs and for the bay window downstairs for €570 They were very professional, they came out to measure and it only took an hour or so to put them in

oh great thanks, they were one place i was looking at. good to hear a good report

[broken link removed] aren't in Cork but deliver nationwide for free, I have used them a few times and found them very good, and very competitive.

Not hard to install and come with instructions

No affil

For the sunroom you might look at Luxflex Blinds. They are a honeycomb blind which is perfect for both insulation and sun shading in large sunrooms. They can also have a foil backed inner for for black-out.

They have a display in Caseys in Cork. I had a look at them and was well impressed.

Very nice blinds, but they ain't cheap. For example, it was €500 approx for an 8" square blind (and we need 10 of them

the on-line site you gave was the one i was looking at & they do look lovely just dont know if i would be able to put them up. Going to order a few samples.

Our sun room is huge so those honeycomb ones would work out way too expensive.

Think i will get a quote from the blindmaker and then do a comparative costing with b4i & see which to go for. Thanks! Was think I could always go with the online ones for some rooms but the bigger ones (like the sun room) get done by the blind maker

Last edited:
So Corkcuu... how did you fare out.... did you check prices with a few places & who came out best?

We looked around and in Carrigaline there's a shop called Interior Solutions. Great shop. Loadsa stuff like curtains, cushions, blinds etc.

Thanks guys to be honest i havent gotten any further with the blinds. Still must get round ot getting prices. might try that place in Carrigaline at the weekend.

try acme blinds in cork and also i can recommend the blind maker in vicars road..
1 thing about putting up blinds.. if u have an alarm make sure they don't drill through the cable

happend to me and only for the alarm guy owed me a favour it would ahve cost 80 euros to put right.. the blind company guy of course would not pay,said he didn't hit the cable..

Hi corkcuu,
FYI I got 25mm Alum. Venetian blinds from clickforblinds.com (Polish company I think)for my conservertory (approx 12' x 12' only 2 sides needed blinds) plus kitchen window (6'6") Total cost €380 - incl delivery. The no of individual blinds was 6. I put then up myself in 1.5 hours.