Will this cause problems in a survey

misterbarlow

Our house is sold and the buyers surveyer is coming next week.
We have a bad crack and some brick movement above our french doors as in pic.
It has always been there are far as I can remember. (My parents bought the house before I was born and I bought it off them 15yrs ago so have grown up here and always remember it being there.)
Anyone know will this lead to any major problems with the sale??
As our house has only gone for 100k and the buyers are only having a basic one done??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/misterbarlow/2-1.jpg

If it's stopped moving years ago the surveyor will likely report it as "historic" (meaning not active) and maybe suggest that a structural bonding resin is inserted between the cracked areas once it has been cleaned out, to bond the wall together at this point. On its own it's unlikely to affect things that much, imo. That lintel doesn't look so good in the photo, though......

They sure are fugly bricks. It looks like someone has had a go at repointing the bricks along the crack and there has been movement since but it looks old. Were the bricks part of the original build, do you know, or were they added on at a later date?

Is there a corresponding crack on the inside or is it just on the brick

Crack is inside too. Anyway the surveyer has been.
The buyer has been in touch since, and the crack wasnt actually mentioned in the report.
He did say some brickwork repair was needed but didnt specifically mention the crack!