Will Pixmania take away old TV when they deliver the new one?

Z

Z100

Just ordered a TV from Pixmania after the old one blew. I'm sure I read on a site somewhere (Pixmania, Kompletts??) that they take away you old appliance when they deliver the new one. Am I dreaming? Can't find mention of it now on the Pixmania site. Help?

You can bring it to your local authority bring center....

Thanks Quinno, will do that if necessary, just hoping Pixmania will kindly take it away! But I probably was dreaming!

The local recycle center is the way to go. Pixmania are unlikey to bring a big heavy busted TV all the way back to France for nothing.

The local recycle center is the way to go. Pixmania are unlikey to bring a big heavy busted TV all the way back to France for nothing.
It would not be "for nothing". Don't they charge customers the normal WEEE fee and have a responsibility to deal with returns in this context? Or are there special exemptions for online retailers or something?

Pixmania will accept devices for recycling, but the customer has to transport it / pay for carriage to the handling address in France.

Isn't that illegal? See [broken link removed]:

Under the Irish interpretation of the WEEE directive, yes. Now you know why Amazon.co.uk won't ship electronics to Ireland!

Is that a specifically Irish interpretation of the rules or the general EU (?) wide policy? I'm sure the answer is [broken link removed] somewhere...