Will Patrick Bartholomew resign now?

G

Gautama

So, in 1994 Bertie procured an Irish passport for one of the "Manchester business men", (Martin Turner?).

Drip... drip... drip...

So, in 1994 Bertie procured an Irish passport for one of the "Manchester business men", (Martin Turner?).

Drip... drip... drip...

First to put my opinion in perspective I am anything but a fan of Mr. Ahern and would love to see him gone and furthermore believe very little of his testimony to the Mahon tribunal and believe that the fianna fail members of the cabinet have disgraced themselves with their attacks on the tribunal/defence of bertie BUT BUT BUT this story about the passport seems to be based on nothing more than what every td in dail eireann past and present does and quite frankly this type of attack undermines other more serious issues .i.e the ones the tribunal have been teasing out of our reluctant leader. If and when Bertie goes for god sake let it be over a real issue of corruption.

Yes, if the figures in the media over the last few days are correct, the entire dail should probably be called on to resign for this 'offence'.

I have to say the handling of this 'revelation' has damaged those attacking Ahern far more than him - and would imagine that it will give him (back) the sympathy vote and no doubt his ratings in the next set of polls will reflect this.

This coming from someone who believes he has lied/misled and has much to still answer for - just not this trivial accusation.

Back