Will filing bankrupcy in UK clear my Irish debt?

Actually is is very simple. You just have to go to the UK and let the UK insolvency system/administrator deal with the bank.

But taking the step of going to the UK is a very difficult decision for a lot of people.

Thanks for clearing that up and yes it is a big decision for anyone but so is staying with huge debt!!!

Thanks for clearing that up and yes it is a big decision for anyone but so is staying with huge debt!!!

You haven't posted up your actual details drrkpd but there are signs of a new reality out there with the banks etc. It may now be possible to come to an arrangement with them for voluntary surrender. There is one person on AAM doing it with EBS and another case of BofI in the Irish Times today.

Hi if you really did some research on different bankruptcy systems and put them in an e-book how on earth did you now know or understand that Irish debts will be written off in the UK. not an e-book i would recommend to anyone.

Jim you keep on banging on about no court has ruled on whether or not Irish courts have to accept the Official receiver's jurisdiction over property in theor country. The reason is it is set out in EU law and it would be a pointless action.
More to the point and as I keep asking you, can you cite a case where anyone has said the OR does not have a right to deal with foreign property. If not stop throwing up red herrings

You have to be in the jurisdiction of the court for the greater part of six months. That could be as little as three months and a day. It is best practice to psuh that out as far as you can. I encourage those I taek through to leave it six months

she gave me a quote of starting at £300 + vat.........

you have to reside in the UK for 6 months...

Good luck if some one has quoted you £300 to go bankrupt. It is £700 per person just for the fee! You may just be getting what you pay for at £300. Always best to shop around and find out wxactly what you get for your money.

Hi, Your UK bankruptcy will sort out your Irish and world wide debts. If you are bankrupt you are bankrupt no matter which country you declare it in.

Bankruptcy in ireland from America

I owned a house in ireland in 2008 but moved to the U.S. In hopes a better life. Unfortunately I could not afford to keep my house and it was repossessed a few years ago. I had asked could I make minimum payment until we could sell it or if could do interest only but the bank refused. My parents and former work place has been contacted by debt collectors and this really bothers me. I never intend to live in ireland again and have a wife and family in USA and good credit. So my question is really can debt collectors come after me in America and can I still visit ireland if I need to. I was hoping to go bankrupt in ireland and resolve it that way but I'm worried it would effect my standing over here. Thank for any help.

So my question is really can debt collectors come after me in America
Highly unlikely. Make sure that no one tells them where you are.
can I still visit ireland if I need to.
Of course you can. It is a civil matter nothing to do with the Gardaí.